Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Update on Emily Rose.

Well, if it means much of anything to anyone, I am probably at the happiest I have ever been in my entire life. I think it's because I have so many ah-mazing things to look forward to. I could take the time to list them all, but I'd rather you all be surprised when they actually happen instead of everyone and their brother knowing my biz-nazz like usual. I've realized that being an open-book comes with a price and I've been taken advantage of recently by putting my life on display.
So I'm going to stick to vagueness until I feel comfortable enough to get more detailed with some things. The people who are super super close to me will know soon enough about everything that's been going on in my life. Honestly, all you have to do is ask.
So as I was saying, I'm ridiculously happy. Like freakishly happy. Stupid happy. Hahaha...
A lot of that has to do with my faith and God sending me angels to help pick me up when life's struggles knock me down. You know who you are. For one, Paul has been a God-send, honestly. I'm not going to hide it. He really is the most amazing man I've ever met in my entire life and it has nothing to do with the fact that he is my boyfriend or soul-mate. I was in awe of him the first time we spoke. He is so genuine, warm, funny, and caring. And so many other qualities of course... ;) I never thought a love like this would exist for me until much later in life...once I had my career secured and I was close to 30. God had other plans for me. Thank goodness. I don't think I could have waited that long!
Some of you know I've had a big change of heart lately as far as my career path is concerned. And I know many of you are worried that I'm giving up or settling, but I tell you all: it's okay, I am doing all of this because I WANT TO. I feel God asking me to use my talents here in St. Louis. And not JUST my acting, singing, or dancing talents, but my brains and my integrity. If I'm supposed to move, He'll let me know and it will be painfully obvious. I'm tired of trying to MAKE things happen on my own. It's exhausting to tell you the truth. Believe me, I've been doing it for over 20 years. The tail-end of 22 has shown the transitions and year 23 will be different. I will forever listen to Him and live my life to impact and change other lives for the better. Amen! :)
Let's just say I'm going back to my roots before a certain someone entered my life and changed the way I lived my life. I'm building upon the good that was laid down long before I got to SIUE. Back when I wanted the white-picket fence lifestyle. I don't know why I used to bash that so much...maybe it was because I secretly wanted it but didn't think God was gonna send me the husband any time soon. Boy I really had no idea, did I?!
Life is just ah-mazing right now. Really, honestly. I know some terrible things have happened recently, but God has managed to turn it all into good and I'm being protected and taken care of. I applied for a position at Sylvan Learning Center in Edwardsville as a Teacher's Assistant. I really like tutoring. I started tutoring independently back in October and the kid's mom just told me that he raised his English grade (the class he needed the most help in) from a D to a B! That made my day today! There is physical proof that I am making a difference with my time and talents that God has given me. That's awesome! So I'm praying that I get this job and it will help me save money and build my resume a little for some things I want to pursue within the next few years as far as my career is concerned.
I'm going to most likely take a year off from theatre. I might do some small independent films here and there, but for the most part I need a break for a little bit. I need more time for family, Paul, and planning for some HUGE changes in my life. I also need more time for church. I'm auditioning for the youth band on Thursday (FINALLY!), acting with the drama ministry, helping in the TV department with Paulie on Tuesdays, and answering phones on Sunday mornings after the TV programs end. It feels good to do new things. Especially if they are helping people!
So that's about it...for now of course! :) If you're happy and you know it

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can feel in your every words how happy you are right now. (hugs hugs)

And i like the way you wrote "ah-mazing" haha...

And praise God coz day after day we realize that He is in control of everything.

You get tired driving your life..then let Him drive for you...and for me. Let's take our hands off the steering wheel and go with the God-flow.

Surrender ALL (written capslock haha)to Jesus. Afterall, He is the author and finisher of our faith.

And again, i admire you for being you. Everything you said isn't vague..hehe...you're so crystal-clear my dear. And i agree, there are things about us that should remain hidden for a moment hehe. The good and blessed ones will always be seen though.

I will look forward to reading more about you. And thank you for liking the Christmas tree haha...i enjoyed standing beside it.

Love you girl and have a blessed day!!!

God bless

~hon~ said...

I don't think I could have waited that long!<~Oh I giggled over this line! I am truly with you on this one! hehehe!

Honestly, all you have to do is ask.<~So should I ask when are you planning to get married? hehehe! jk but serious, too. hehehe!

About the career, I totally understand. GOD's Perfect Will is just oh-so-beautiful! HIS special favor is upon you, dear princess of GOD!

I am so delighted with the transitions going on in your life and your commitment for your congregation.

I don't want this to be longer than your post so I love you, too, my dear in-love friend, Emily Rose Mollet!

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! P.U.S.H.

Jillian said...

I'm really happy for you Emily : )
Being content in God's love is so important.
And you seem to be doing just fine.
When we experience some of the worst times in our life, we come out realizing how much we've grown.

-Jillian

talulah said...

hey emily, its lauren. I know we never really talked that much but I just wanted to tell you how much you have been an inspiration for me. You let me know that just trusting God WILL lead me in the right direction.

I just want to say thanks, even though i can't thank you enough.

Keep up the good work you are a great example for young people on how to trust God and have faith!

~hon~ said...

I am very interested to know more about you so hope you don't mind if I've tagged you. Please check out my blogpost entitled 'Tagged Again' for more details. No pressure though.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! P.U.S.H.