Friday, December 26, 2008

Best Christmas EVER!!!

I figured I would post something about Christmas 2008 very quickly before I go head out with my new FIANCE!!!! :)

Yeah, that's my hand and I have a huge rock on my finger!!! :) Paul proposed to me on Christmas and it couldn't have been more special or perfect. It was simple, romantic, and totally him. No fancy restaurant, no audience, no photographer capturing the moment. Just me and him up in my room, listening to our song When God Made You (lyrics at http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/n/newsong/when_god_made_you.html), opening up 1 last Christmas present from him. "It's just something extra, something small, not a big deal Emily. I just wanted to get you something else because I love you so much." So I opened up this small box the size of half a shoe box and wondered what this gift could be. Little did I know that the gift would be a new fiance and that Paul would be getting down on one knee all teary-eyed and completely open about how he feels about me. And of course I got all teary-eyed, then laughed uncontrollably and said YES! We'll be getting married December 5th, 2009. The exact same date 2 years ago that I wrote him this poem:

To You, My Soul-Mate
It's almost 1am on a cold, early winter’s night.
I can’t seem to fall asleep
Because I’m thinking of you.
You see, we haven’t met yet,
At least I don’t think we have.
I’m praying that you aren’t lonely
Because somewhere I am thinking of you.
I just wanted to let you know
That it won’t always be this way.
You are worth all of this alone time.
God has placed an image of you in my heart.
You will be there until the day we finally meet.
And on that day, I’ll know it’s you.
There won’t be a doubt in my mind or heart.
I’ll know when it’s finally you.
I knew you existed;
I just needed to wait in God’s time.
You are everything I’ve hoped for.
Sweet dreams, my love.
Sweet dreams.
12/5/07

God's timing is just perfect. I couldn't plan any of this better. And the good news is I didn't have to! It doesn't matter how long you know someone before any of this happens. When you know, you just KNOW. It's that gut feeling that God sends you in your spirit when you know something is right. And this relationship was completely God's idea and He managed to keep me from moving to Los Angeles just so I would meet Paul, fall in love with him, and eventually get married all within 1 year. That was GOD'S PLAN. And I know we are completely ecstatic about it all! He was so adorable as he called all of his friends and family, just giggling and smiling from ear to ear. "We're engaged, Em...you are my FIANCE!"

How can I even explain to you how ah-mazing all of this is?! I had no idea that he would propose this soon. I figured it would be another few months longer just so people didn't think he was crazy. But we both finally realized that it doesn't really matter what other people think about it. If they love us, they will know just as we know that it is real. And it is. I couldn't think of any other person I would want to spend the rest of my life with. I love him with all of my heart and I am so excited to start planning this wedding!!! Yay!!!

This truly was the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!!!

4 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Congratulations!!!! That is so awesome. May you both have many years of great blessings, happiness, and good health.

Jillian said...

congrats Emily!
enjoy your engagement!
(it goes by quickly!)

~hon~ said...

I was so nervous and teary-eyed myself while reading this...so exciting! Why not get married on January? hahaha! I am SO happy for you, my dear friend! So nice and sweet. GOD BLESS YOU BOTH ABUNDANTLY! MORE OF GOD IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP AND YOUR SOON-TO-BE MARRIAGE! P.U.S.H.

tvtv3 said...

Congratulations, Emily!