Monday, November 3, 2008

Could life get any better? Honestly.

I had an amazing weekend with my friends, my family, my boyfriend, and my church family. But I'm going to just say I've had the most amazing 2 weeks actually!

Me and my baby at Wendy's Halloween Bash:

#1 I'm growing in my faith more and more everyday
#2 I'm enjoying rehearsals because it's getting closer to performances (November 14th is opening night!)
#3 I have a JOB!!!! I start this Friday! Bless the Lord!!!!!!
#4 I have an AH-MAZING boyfriend who I fall in love with more and more every day
#5 Spending time with my family has never been this much fun before!
#6 I'm going apartment hunting tomorrow with my bro. I can't wait to get out of this house!

So anyway, my life is moving forward full speed and I didn't think I'd enjoy all the small things as much as the big things. Paul and I went rollerskating on Saturday at a skating rink that he grew up at. We are SO similiar that we even have the same taste in childhood memories! :) I used to go rollerblading ALL THE TIME and STILL do...ask my roommates from last year! I have my skates in my trunk just in case I find a good skating area...the Edwardsville bike-trails are perfect by the way! We sat and ate pizza, just gazing into each other's eyes. Each moment like this, we find out so much more about each other and realize how we are continually falling for each other. After skating, we headed back to New Baden and I gave him a tour of my hometown complete with many many stories of my life in New Baden as a kid. Then we headed out for dinner at Chevy's for my Mom's birthday. We had a great time and Paul never stopped laughing!

Then yesterday, Paul and I sat through our very first service together at church. It was really special to sit next to him and hold his hand during the message. Each time something pertained to him and I, we squeezed each other's hand and smiled at one another, silently praising God for all that He has given us and continues to give us. I was so happy for Sarah to show up too! It was so great to see her sitting next to us. After service Paul and I headed to Red Robin to meet his parents for lunch. I was a little nervous, but really excited for this step in our relationship. It means a lot to me if I'm accepted by his family. We had a wonderful time chatting and telling funny stories of when he was younger. It was fun. One of my favorite moments of the day was after lunch. We took a walk in Fenton Park together in the gorgeous weather God planned for us!

I didn't think something like this would come into my life while I was patiently waiting to move to the west coast. But God likes to surprise us with the unexpected. I feel so blessed for this new addition in my life. God knew how much I wanted to someone to love like this, but I wasn't going to rush it. Like I thought, you just KNOW. And I just KNOW with Paul. I'm not 16. I'm young, but I'm not THAT young and I'm not dumb. We did not make any of this happen. It was all God. The feeling I get when I'm around Paul is like no other I have ever felt before. Every time I see a couple madly in love with one another, I do not get sick. I smile and praise God for a love like this. I don't care what society may say about what is happening to us. I don't live by society's timeline. I never wanted to. I will live by God's timeline. And that's that.

I love you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

iM praising and thanking God for seeing you sooo HAPPY...well..your eyes says it all (wink)

God bless and keep the faith burning for the glory of God!!