Friday, September 19, 2008

In due time...

I can't seem to stop thinking about finding a job. It'll be 1 month on Monday since I lost my job, and I've applied at over 20 different places and nothing seems to be working out. I got offered a job Wednesday night by a really lovely family, but it would only be 15 hours a week. When I calculated how much I should be getting paid, it was at $13 an hour. This does not include gas reimbursement. I'm wondering if $16 an hour would be asking too much? Or at least $250 a week? I think I might talk to them today and see what they think.

I figured I could get this job and find another part-time job on Tuesday and Thursday or even remain open for some temporary nanny gigs from Childcare Solutions. Hmm...sure....

The sermon on Sunday night talked about PASSION. Pastor David said, "Passion can do more than money ever could!" So I look at making $250 a week and think, Well...I can manage with that much a month, right? As long as I have at least $5,000 by the time I move to LA, I'm fine! I'll be able to find a solid nanny gig out there and be set making up to $20 an hour!

So now, I feel a little more confident with everything. If this is it, then I would feel a little more at ease. I would just like to get that worry and stress off of my chest. I don't mind having a little stress, but the idea of being unemployed for a couple more months is driving me up a wall! If I could get out of here by next summer with at least $5,000 under my belt, a couple more credits on my resume, I would feel so much better about this decision to stay here for a little while longer. I will continue to pray and be patient, but God has put the desire to pursue this career in my heart and I want to put Hollywood on fire for God! That is what I feel is my mission. Hollywood needs good, honest, loving people to clean up all the mess we have put ourselves in as a society and culture. I want to be at least one of those people to help!

Anyway, one day at a time. One step at a time. One breath at a time...

Onward and upward.

Peace, Love, & Joy always.

1 comment:

tvtv3 said...

There are people in Hollywood that are coming from the same place as you are. I used to think that there wasn't anyone either, but it's changed a little.

tv