Thursday, September 18, 2008

I get so wrapped up and so burnt out

As always, my life moves way too quickly even for myself.

I've chosen to remain single, despite my own best efforts to complicate my life with a serious relationship that asks of the future way too much. And I'm honestly happy with my decision. If someone that knew me a year or more ago read that last statement, they probably would have to close their mouth because their jaw was hanging open. Yeah, I know, it was something I thought I wanted more than anything. But oddly enough, it's not the case anymore.

I've been trying my hardest to listen to my spirit. Even if I don't believe I hear anything, I still try.

I'm trying to figure out what God wants for my life. It'll be a month since I lost my job next week, and I'm still hanging on with the strongest belief that it will happen when it's supposed to happen. I heard back from someone yesterday and now it's just the matter of exchanging contact info to set up an interview. I'm praying oh so hard that this one is it and that the days work out to where I can still help out in church. I would be working 3-4 nights a week until 9pm, so this means no rehearsals. I'm not too worried about singing in the band anymore. I would just be happy with singing during offering or at the women's meetings or something like that. So a job IS coming my way. It WILL happen!

I've been stressing out so much that I have been slipping away from working out. I'm gonna try to get to the gym today, but it's just the matter of actually getting off of my butt to do it. I'll manage it. I'll get through it.

I'm trying to set my mind on like one thing, but it refuses to focus! Let's just say that my life always remains in a chaotic and complicated state. Human beings cannot exist without chaos. Especially THIS human being. But with God's grace, I will get through it.

Ah Thursday, what do I do on this gorgeous fall day? Work out, and then what? Hmmm....the options are endless when you are unemployed! Hahaha...

Peace and love.

2 comments:

tvtv3 said...

I hate Thursdays--it always seems if something goes wrong it goes wrong on a Thursday. We should hang out again sometime--though after next Saturday I won't be able to for a couple of weeks.

tv

Anonymous said...

Hi sis,

There are lots of burned out Christians and we are not an exemptions. I am glad knowing that you are trying really hard to guard your heart. We must entrust our everything to the Lord and that includes our love life. The right man will come just in time...in God's perfect time:)

I will pray for you sis.


God's Word for you today:

Psalm 31:24
Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

Psalm 33:20
We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield

Psalm 33:18
But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love