Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Build my house on ROCK, not SAND!

This truck was in front of me after church on Sunday morning...it says "Jesus Christ is Lord not a swear word" I decided to take a quick pic with my camera phone.


You know I've always loved that song "On Christ the solid rock I stand, for other ground is sinking sand!" But I never took the time to really focus on the lyrics.

In the last entry, I talked about living your life for something bigger than yourself...GOD! And I talked about how I live with more peace and less worry now...because I've been building my life on a more solid foundation.

Well, the enemy has surely begun to shake my house and he's trying to break loose my foundation, most definitely. I did not start my day very well yesterday because I received a text from my boss telling me that I did not have to go into work at all this week..."the hours really won't work for me this week." I can't afford to not work and sit at home scratching my head as to what I should do next! I need income. I've planned a budget as to how I'm going to pay my bills and when that paycheck isn't coming, I'm rushing to find a way out!

So because our God is an awesome God, I got many calls last week and yesterday for potential jobs and I couldn't take them on because I was already hired somewhere else. But this job that I have now is very flexible. The mother doesn't work and she only needs me for errands and things that pop up. Well, I need a more stable job. I will stay with this job until I find that. As of right now, there is a woman in Edwardsville that I'm supposed to hear back from tonight and I already heard back from another family that my nanny agency lined up for me. The problem with the woman in Edwardsville is that she was only willing to pay $8/hr for 3 kids and the problem with the one that my nanny agency lined up for me is all the way in Maryland Heights! That's an hour drive and it may only be a 3 month gig. I'd be jobless again by March. Hmm...
I also found another job on care.com in Fairview Heights, which would only be a 20 minute drive for me and it's only 1 kid. She needs someone by October 13th. I really need to let these 2 other families know by the end of this week. I'm in a predicament.

But I must have faith that this is God's plan for me. The reason I got soooo upset yesterday was because I was trying to control everything. I was trying to put the plan in this little box so I could move to LA when I WANT TO! But I don't think that's how it's gonna work. God knows otherwise. He knows a better way than my own.

So I'm hoping it all falls together this week. And if not, I know God has other plans for me. Perhaps staying with my current job and just sticking it out. Who knows.

I DO know that I'm having a good time with the suprises that come with living in the present. I got to help out at church last night making up a live video for this Sunday's service and had an absolute blast! I'll go work out later and then to rehearsal and hopefully the whole job situation will be taken care of with the woman in Edwardsville. If not, God has other plans. All I know is that this weather is abolutely gorgeous and I love having my windows open!

Peace, Love, & Joy!

No comments: