Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Standing in AGREEMENT.

These last few weeks can only be described in one word: battlefield.

I have been pulled in so many directions emotionally, spiritually, and mentally. It seemed like everywhere I turned, something or someone was demanding more of me. I found myself disagreeing on more topics than agreeing. It seemed like I was ready to fight at the drop of a hat. In complete defense-mode, really. All I could see was chaos around me.

I always thought I was a peace-maker. I never realized how passionate I can become if something I love is messed with. Whether a person I care deeply about or even the truth I stand for is attacked or tested...I get territorial. I begin to search for the truth to stand against the deception and lies. Whatever it takes, the truth will shine forth!

I realized very recently how much more I can accomplish when I begin to agree instead of disagree. Instead of pointing out what is wrong, I need to speak life over the situation to see how it can change for the better. If I am continuously looking at what is wrong with something instead of what it could look like if it was right, I would probably live without a lot less stress and frustrations and my relationships would remain strong.

This kind of mind-set is really centered in faith. Cutting through all of the mess with words of hope that begin to change things.

"God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did..." -Romans 4:17

When life throws you a curve-ball, sometimes you swing, miss, or you get hit in the head. Instead of screaming at life or even the "curve-ball" for hurting us, why don't we pick up our bat, stand firm, and take another swing at the next pitch? We could stand firm and believe the next pitch will be different.

The beautiful thing is, God gives us new "pitches" every day.

"Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They [His mercies] are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness." -Lamentations 3:22-23

I want to stand firm on God's word and be in agreement with what it promises. As believers, we could stand in our similarities instead of looking at our differences. We could stand in agreement of the scriptures instead of dispute and disagree. Even if we do not fully understand everything God is doing, we can all agree and know that God is good and God is faithful.

I'm learning to read the scripture to find truth for myself and not to point out another brother or sister's flaws.

I must "work out my OWN salvation with fear and trembling" as Paul says in Philippians.

It really is about speaking life or death. Building up one another instead of tearing down.

I choose to agree from now on.

And I hope you can stand and agree with me that GREAT IS GOD'S FAITHFULNESS!!!

Peace&Love.
Emily



No comments: