Saturday, March 3, 2012

understanding your call

Dated: April 14th, 2011

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has called me to lead His people in worship. But if we are not careful, we can put too much focus on our calling and not enough on Him. In every aspect of life we have priorities and choices. But we must ALWAYS choose to seek Him first in all that we do. Even if our calling involves being in ministry for Him. His face needs to be the most important prize we seek, not approval from leadership or your mentors. It is His face that you should long for.

We must be seekers first, then our calling may follow.

This has been on my heart more than ever lately and I'm trying my best to live a life of worship both in the secret place and in public.

I pray that for each of your lives as well. May you hunger after His eyes and His affection in the secret place. May you come to know Him on such an intimate level that your calling becomes your way of life and not just your constant focus.

Focus on His face. It is worth it.

Peace & Love,
Emily

No comments: