Monday, February 16, 2009

We live, We love, We Forgive, and Never Give Up!

So Valentine's Day weekend was precious. That's about all I can call it! Friday Paul spent time with my step-dad working on his car and was at my house to greet me when I got off work at around 6pm. He told me he had a surprise for me and took me upstairs to propose to me all over again. :) I waited 5 and a half weeks to get my engagement ring back from getting it sized and now I can say that it's finally mine forever.
I gave him his Valentine's Day gift early that night so he could enjoy his silky heart boxers on Saturday. :) He laughed so hard because he's never had any fun boxers let alone SILKY ones.

My Saturday started off pretty early because Paul and I were going to make an entire day out of our first (and his first EVER) Valentine's Day. As I was getting all dolled up for my baby, my mom called me and told me that she was coming over to give me my Valentine's Day gift from her and Bob. My heart just smiled when she handed me a doll I used to have when I was a little girl. She found me a Ragedy Ann doll from Cracker Barrel in a basket complete with chocolate and a glass bottle of Coke. Perfectly precious! I actually used to have this exact doll when I was about 3 years old and used to dress up my cat in the doll's dress! Haha. I loved the doll's dress so much, my mom made me one to match! Aww...I just love walking down memory lane. This doll is very special to me and I will cherish it forever and hopefully make my little girl a dress just like it! :)
After I got all "pertied" up, I headed to Caseyville to meet up with Paulie and he gave me my wonderful gifts in the car. He had me close my eyes with every gift. I got 3 beautiful roses (my favorite because of the middle name of course...), chocolates with a pencil on the box (it reminded him of me because I'm gonna be a teacher someday), a beautifully hand-blown perfume bottle made in Egypt (I've never owned anything to fancy like it), and a giant, pink, plush, heart-shaped pillow that says "Princess" on the front. He calls me his princess and was so proud of himself for finding this adorable present. :) He's the best.
After he gave me my gifts, we headed out to West County to go rollerskating! I had such a wonderful time holding his hand and acting goofy with him at the skating rink. I was a big ol' dork and skated on actual roller-skates, not blades. I felt even more like a little girl because I used to rollerskate on quads when I was about 8 years old. It was SO much fun! :)
We headed back to his house in Arnold and I changed and did some touch-ups for our dinner at Olive Garden. Sadly, Fairview Heights was SO PACKED that we ended up at Steak N Shake. I really didn't care where we ended up eating because I just wanted to eat somewhere with Paul and not have to wait an hour and a half for a table. Plus, we were the fanciest looking couple in the joint. So that was nice. :)
After dinner, we drove back to New Baden to cuddle and watch Austin Powers while enjoying an amazing bottle of Sparkling Grape Juice in fancy champagne glasses. Paul handed me my glass and said, "See, we can still look fancy and not get drunk at the same time!" I honestly cannot wait for next year's Valentine's Day as we get to celebrate that day as a married couple. It's going to be even better!
Yesterday was also a great day as we took both of our parents out for lunch after church and they all met each other for the first time. It definitely made it more official. We truly are blessed. All in all, it was an absolutely wonderful weekend and I feel so loved and special.
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day and weekend. Have a blessed week!!!
Peace & Love.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

I don't know if I've told you before, but your ring is lovely!