Saturday, February 4, 2012

Time to spare...

Welp, today I find myself able to spend a little extra time blogging for a bit.

It's good to set time aside to just reflect. Not much of a blogger anymore, but from time to time I don't mind letting the world (whoever happens to read this anyway...) read my thoughts. Most of my writing goes into a hand-written journal or in my notebook of lyrics.

Speaking of my notebook of lyrics, I have been consistently writing songs for several months now. My songwriting has increased quite a lot since January though. When I was younger, I used to write short stories and poetry. In high school, the poetry continued as young love blossomed and eventually I began to put melodies to my words. I always seemed to pen my thoughts and emotions in a journal but it wasn't until a year or so ago that I stepped back into creative writing. I enjoy it so much!

My songs are inspired by scripture and just flow out from my intimate prayer times with the Lord. I sing to Him and write songs to Him and about Him. It is really cool when I get the opportunity to sing them with the band at Wrecked. I only do it for God's glory and if He opens the door to recording an album someday, that would just be a bonus. I never want to make something happen,I only want to walk in what He has called me to and in His timing.

I just want to live my life to please the Lord. Honestly, it is all about trusting God.

Here are few lyrics that I wrote earlier this week regarding that thought:

"Lord, please take control
Let Your will be done.
I can't do this on my own.
Please carry me...carry me."

"Jesus Your word is true
I put my trust in You
You hold my life in Your hands..."

May be this is what my blog can be about from now on...just songs that God drops down in my heart to share. I hope some of it blesses you.

Peace&Love.
Em



No comments: